Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Birthday Board

We celebrate birthdays for a week in our house! They are a very special time when we get to enjoy "the one yearly anniversary of me!"  I really feel strongly that in the home is where every child should feel special, appreciated, and loved.  Birthdays give us the opportunity to do this on a grand scale!

I want to let you know that most of the ideas I have I got from a blog Secrets of a Super Mommy.  There are fantastic ideas on there to help you in your quest to bring a birthday celebration your child will look forward to all year.  Believe me, they wouldn't let me forget if I tried! :^)


Let's start with my favorite shall we?  This idea I got off of the blog above, but I changed it up to be what I would envision.I also have to give a shout out to my friend Emma who ventured in this endeavor with me!
I know!  I am pretty proud of it!  Let's take a closer look, shall we!?!

On the top I hang the name plaque. Then under I change out the numbers as we count down from 6.

On slips of paper the birthday child writes what he/she wants each night for dinner. The backing is sheet metal mod podged with birthday paper. The days of the week are magnets I found on clearance at Target a couple of years ago.

These wood pennants (from Hobby Lobby) are mod podged with paper. The activity for the day is printed on tracing paper and then mod podged on top of that. (ps- the activities were taken straight from the Super Mommy blog- they had great ideas!)  Paint, wire, ribbon, and wa la!


At the bottom are bags (Hobby Lobby) that I ironed vinyl numbers on. These hold little gifts for each day we count down. Things like candy bar, gum, lip gloss, pens, etc.  Just something fun to have.
Then here is the back!
On the day of the birthday, we flip the board and move the name tag. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Property of Renee Clark