Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Cup Invasion

Do you ever feel like your kitchen counter is being overrun with cups!?! It seems that every time one of my children have the urge for a refreshing drink, they get out a new cup and fill it to overflowing with ice before they fill the cup to spilling. Why, you might ask don't they use the same cup? I have asked myself the same question many times. All I could come up with is that they can't remember which one is theirs and where they set down the last cup they used in the sea of cups before them. I knew that I had to get this problem under control before the summer started, so here was my solution.


Took a trip to Costco and picked these up. There are 2 large and 2 small in each color. So not only are they color coordinated to each child, but lest they forget which color they own, there is an initial to remind them. At first worked like a charm, partly because of the novelty of it all. As the summer progressed I have seen other cups appear on the counter. But nothing like the invasion we had before. I think it is a success!  
Now to tackle the ice and water spillage problems!

BTW- tried out this dishwasher safe vinyl (top rack only) for the first time with these cups and it has worked beautifully! Yeah!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Property of Renee Clark