Thursday, August 2, 2012

Beach Sand Art


I read this idea somewhere some years ago and decided it was time to give it a go! During our stay at the beach we collected sand. If you are there for an extended period of time, this would be a great activity to do during some down time. We had to bring ours home because we were just not there long enough.

Collect completely dry sand from the beach.

Clean it of pebbles, sticks, and broken shells.

Get out your food coloring.

Add some to each container and SHAKE!!!! (You made need to add more as you go, just keep adding until you like the color. You do have to shake for awhile and vigorously!)

Here are my colors. The middle is the original. I do have to say if my sand had been more white than the grey I had, they would have turned out better. But I am not complaining, they were still terrific!

I purchased these glass bottles at The Dollar Tree and Walmart. The corks are also from Walmart and didn't quite fit. I had to use some hot glue to get them in the larger ones and they didn't work for the small. I just used cotton balls to seal off the small ribbed bottles.

Take a funnel and spoon different layers of sand into the jar.

Here is the finished product! Beautiful, no!?! My kids LOVED this project- all of them. They helped with every step and it was a fun reminder of the great time we had at the beach!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Property of Renee Clark