Sunday, October 28, 2012

Build a Jack-o-Lantern Cookie


I had so much fun making these cookies! And of course I thought they turned out so cute too!
 
Jack-O-Lantern Cookie Cutter Set
First I have to show you the cookie cutter set I used. My sister bought this from William Sonoma after Halloween last year and gave me one too! I have waited a year to use it!  I don't know if they carry it anymore or not.
I cut out the pumpkins, cooked them, and iced them.

I just wanted to show you what I use to ice my cookies. I found if I put the icing in these bottles, not only are they easy to use (My kids have no problem decorating with these too!), but they are easy to clean. Also, if I am taking multiple days to finish the cookies, the icing stays liquid-y in these bottles. They don't go hard.

I also iced all the face pieces. (No small task!)

After the icing has hardened enough (usually overnight) then I put them into individual sandwich bags.

I put the face pieces into little baggies as well.

Then I stapled them together.

I found these cute toppers at Hobby Lobby.

I stapled those to the top of the bags.

Here are some of the pumpkin faces out of the baggies. There were lots of different combination options.




Now we can play with our food and eat it too!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I know this is a year old post, but I've been thinking about picking these up via different websites, but I was wondering if you can tell me how big these cookie cutters are? I'm referring just to the pumpkin itself actually. It looks like it's almost 5 inches wide? Thank you! Oh and they look great! I'm hoping my two daughters will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for bringing my attention back to these cookies, I almost forgot about them. I can't wait to make them again this year! I measured the cutter and it is about 5 in wide by 4 and 1/2 in tall. Have fun and I have no doubt that your daughters will love them!

      Delete

Property of Renee Clark