Friday, October 12, 2012

General Conference

In my church we have a worldwide meeting known as General Conference twice a year. If you would like to know more, here is a link to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Conference was just this past weekend. During these conference times we are able to watch via our own TV at home. We try and make it fun for the kids so I have tried a few different things and have found this to work the best for our family. The kids are always so excited for Conference, that it makes me so excited and happy to do some little extra things for them! Here are some of the fun stuff we did last year and I repeated it again this year!
I got this idea from online. Have one activity per apostle speaking- so a total of 15 different activities/treats.

Here are a few close ups.

So when each of the member of the Quorum of the Twelve or First Presidency speak, the kids get to have that activity to do.


Disclaimer- I made this tree many, many years ago, and since I didn't have the desire to make a new one (even though it would have been much more fabulous!) I opted to use this one!

The point of the tree is as each of these men speaks, we put their leaf on the tree. I found the leaves done already at Food Storage and Beyond. (The kids colored them the day before.) It was designed to make a tree and had some heading of "Fall"owing the Prophet. I decided to combine the ideas. I really liked it and so did the kids. This is the tree completely covered with the leaves!

To keep tract of who spoke, I found this on Cookie Nut Creations and the kids would eat a gummy to know who was left- kind of like Don't Eat Pete.

Of course, no General Conference is complete without the tents!


I just wanted to share one more story with you. On Sunday morning my son came into my room to let me know that he dreamed about Conference that night! He was so excited! (They all were!) It is almost better than Christmas! My daughter just kept asking when Conference was going to start again in between each session. Every time a man got up to speak, they would ask, "Is that one of the prophets?" They had a great time, but I think I will have to do some reading online or when the Ensign comes out because I had a few distractions this weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Property of Renee Clark