Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Skeleton Brownies


I found this idea via Pinterest and had to try them! I did them a little different than the directions said, but the end result it pretty much the same. The original idea came from Wants and Wishes blog.

Here are the ingredients I used to make these bone rattling treats! Large marshmallows, brownie mix, frosting, and white chocolate dipped pretzels.

I also used cookie sticks and cut off about 1 and 1/2 inches off one end to make them the right size.
I used this size bag to package them in. I found these in the party section of Walmart. I tried a smaller bag and couldn't get the brownie in without making a mess. This was big enough to make the presentation stay pretty!
I used this black edible marker to make the face on the marshmallow.
I baked the brownies in an 8X11.5 inch pan. I also tried the 8X8 as suggested, but found that I could only get 4 good size brownies out of that. With this pan I got 6 brownies. Then to make things easier I did not make a ganache (which I am sure was delicious but I didn't have the time).  Instead I used a tub of frosting. Hint- wait until the brownies are completely cooled, then add the frosting. I then stuck the pan in the fridge to harden the frosting up. When cutting them, I cut off all the edges so that you only use the middles. (I am an edge girl, so that meant LOTS of yummy scraps!)

I set the bag down and bunched it into a square shape about the same size of the brownie. Then I carefully laid the brownie inside.
Take the stick and place in close to the back of the brownie.

Take 7 of the chocolate dipped pretzels and place them on the stick like so.
Take a marshmallow and draw a cute little face. Then place it on the top of the pretzels.

Pull the bag up and tie closed!
Here they are! So cute! I made these tags and tied them with a ribbon.

A close up of the little guy!

Now it is time to deliver them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Property of Renee Clark