Friday, January 11, 2013

Sunbeam Oreo Pops!



In church I am so lucky to be able to teach the 3 year old children's class. The class name is called Sunbeams. So the day before their first day, I went to see them at their house and introduced myself, since they didn't know me yet. I took them a little treat I had made, so I thought I would share...

Here is what you will need to make them- Oreos, yellow chocolate melts, 8 inch lollipop sticks, candy corn, and yellow sugar sprinkles.

Melt the chocolate. I did this in the microwave.

Next dip the lollipop stick in the chocolate.

Insert them only a portion of the way into the cookie. Make sure you don't go all the way through, just about half way. Then let it sit for a few minutes to harden.

Now it is time to dip the cookie stick into the chocolate. Make sure it is completely covered.

Lay the cookie pop on wax paper and sprinkle with yellow sugar.

Wait again for a few minutes and then begin to insert the candy corn. I found the best way to do this was to insert 2 candies at a time on opposite ends. Do NOT push the candies in too far, because it makes the cookies come apart and fall apart.

I just wanted to show you what happens if you do not wait the few minutes to insert the candy. The one on the left I tried inserting as soon as I put it down, and the chocolate starts to run and comes out around the bottom. The one on the right I waited a few minutes and then inserted the candy. It turned out so much better. But don't wait too long, or the chocolate hardens too much and then you can't get the candy corn into the cookie. (I made that mistake too :)

Here it is all done!

I added a tag that says: "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam!"

Now they are wrapped and ready to be delivered!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Property of Renee Clark