Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Carnival Games and Printables- Part 1


UPDATE!!!!
I am no longer taking requests for signs... sorry!

Here is a link to the post where you can make your own:
DIY CARNIVAL SIGNS

We had 12 carnival games with signs I made for each for my daughter's birthday party.
You can see the post on the party here.
You can see part 2 of the games here.
You can find extra printables here.
And even more printables here.
You can find fun carnival cake pops here.
I got the inspiration for my signs from the blog One Charming Party. I loved how they looked, but there were two problems, first they were too small and second, they didn't have all the games I wanted. So, I decided to make my own!
This game was purchase at Oriental Trading.

We had a teenage girl we know come and do face painting. We provided the paint purchased at Party City and she brought her own paintbrushes.

I have had this game for awhile. I bought it on clearance at Hobby Lobby.


For this game I bought 12 glass jars from the dollar store and borrowed my friend's crate. The crate helped to keep the ping pong balls from going everywhere.

I used a wood bowling set we have owned for years. The kids had to try and knock over the pins. We ended up getting a wood board to put behind the pins as a backstop.

This game is really fun, but we were not able to play it until the end because of the wind. Basically you try to shoot off the ping pong balls off of the stand. The stand is simply a wood board with golfing tees stuck in the top.

Here are the first 6 games with the sign printables. To print them just save them to your computer. I sent them to the UPS store and had them blown up onto their 11X17 size paper (about $0.89 each) They didn't quite extend all the way, so I trimmed the edges. Mine ended up being closer to 11X14 & 1/2. I then took them and adhesive sprayed them to foam board cut down to their same size.







13 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting...these are wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great and you seem to be so creative. Can you help me out with few signs. I am looking for 3 mire signs - concession stand, toddler zone and tickets sign. I plan to use the concession stand for the food table and would be handing out tickets to play each game when the kids come in. The tickets sign would be for that table. I've decided to have a separate toddler play area and the toddler zone sign would go over that. Thanx so much in advance for all your help. Truly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry this has taken me a few days to get to... I went ahead and made these signs but posted them with the others I have made from requests. They are on this post here: http://theballoonred.blogspot.com/2013/08/carnival-printables-revisited.html

      Good luck with your party!!!! Gotta love a carnival party!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so so much. God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! These signs are wonderful! Just what I needed. Is it possible that you can create one for Tattoo Parlor, the jelly bean guessing game and prize booth? Thank you in advance for your help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have added these to this link here:
      http://theballoonred.blogspot.com/2013/08/carnival-printables-revisited.html
      Good luck with the party! Sorry for the delay in getting these out... I just had to squeeze it in when I could!

      Delete
  5. I am having my son's birthday party in a few days and love your carnival game signs. Can you help make one for "Duck Pond" game??? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please look at the other links. This post has only 5 out of the 30 or so signs I have made. Duck Pond is in that group. Have a great party!

      Delete
  6. Hey Renee our youth at church is having a fall festival next month and I was wondering if you could possible do some additional signs for us. Parachute, Candy Corn Golf, Pop Goes the Pumpkin, Throw the Baker a spoon, Adult Bingo, Kids Bingo, Cookie & Cupcake Walk, Cake Walk. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry I won't be able to do these signs for you, but if you look at this post, you can see how to make your own. Thank you for loving them to want more, but I hope you understand! Here is the link... http://theballoonred.blogspot.com/2013/09/diy-carnival-signs.html Good luck with your party!

      Delete
  7. Hi Renee, thank you for posting these great signs! I have spent the last few days trying to do a 'Hot Dogs' sign and I can't seem to get it to all work. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm driving my husband and friends crazy! I can't get the template to open so I can write over it. Can you give me an idea what I'm doing wrong. You're other templates look great! I have printed them, then laminated them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cher! I went ahead and added 'hot dogs' to one of the posts:
      http://theballoonred.blogspot.com/2013/08/carnival-printables-revisited.html

      Hope that helps! And I hope that takes the crazy out of the people around you! :) lol

      Delete

Property of Renee Clark