Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Eagle Court of Honor- The Program

Here are some pictures of the program we had for my son, Brandon.
Color Guard
Those presenting and conducting.
Master of Ceremonies

Scout Master/ Dad

Brandon listening to his dad tell stories about him... it was sweet. :)

Trail to Eagle Presentation
Transition Ceremony
My FAVORITE part.

Parent Presentations
Me pinning the Eagle pin on.
Getting the mother's pin.
Dad putting on the new neckerchief.
Yep, you guessed it... my 2nd favorite part! :)
The newest Eagle.
A few words from Brandon.
Awarding a mentor pin.
Awarding a 2nd mentor pin.
A little surprise for mom! I guess I had a lot of favorite parts... :)
Watching a short slideshow on Brandon's scouting experience.
Yummy treats... Brandon requested cake pops, and of course that was the first thing in his hands!!!

I am so proud of Brandon for not only being a very dedicated and driven young man, but for also being a kind and thoughtful son and brother. He is only 13 years of age and has completed his Eagle. In addition he has received 48 merit badges (only 21 are required for eagle). He is not stopping there... right now he has a handful more of merit badges he is working on. He is a straight A student taking honors courses. He participates in multiple sports with soccer being his favorite. He is active in his church responsibilities and assignments. He plays the piano and is in percussion in the school band. He is tireless and energetic. 
It is a privilege to be his mother... 
(OK I will stop now with the parent pride thing! :)
As you can probably tell, I love him like crazy!!!

Related Posts:
The Set Up
Ice Cream Bar

18 comments:

  1. This is great Renee. We, as his grandparents, are very proud of Brandon also. Congratulations to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Brandon and his family. My Wife and I love the program that you created for the Court of Honor, we would like to recreate it for our oldest sons COH for later this month. Is there a template for it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you like it! I am sorry to say that I don't have a template. I only have the original on my computer, but without the same program (Printmaster) it would be useless to you. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What version of Printmaster did you use? I love your program too!

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I have Printmaster 18.1

      Delete
    3. I can get the program, if you'd be willing to share your original to be used as a template. I always spend way too many hours designing things like this and I think the layout and fonts on yours are already perfect!

      Delete
    4. I don't mind at all... send me an email to forward it to, and I will pass it along to you.

      Delete
  4. Hi..I love everything that you have done. I will try to recreate this for my son this week. Just wondering what script did you use for the trail to eagle please?

    Nori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure where it is from... my husband put it together. I believe he found it online somewhere... sorry I can't be more help!

      Delete
  5. Hi Renee! Congratulations to your son and family on this wonderful accomplishment! I was wondering if you could send me the file for the program. I am currrently doing my son's program and I, too, as Julie stated above, spend way too much time creating. I would appreciate it. Congrats again! Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can send it to you, but know that you will need to have Printmaster to open it...
      Send me your email address and I will forward it on!

      Delete
  6. Hi Renee! What a wonderful Court of Honor! I am in the process of planning my son's Court of Honor. Where did you find the Rank Patch Signs? I love this idea. I would like to purchase or create something similar to this. Thank you! April

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought them years ago at the local Scout Store... I don't even know if they still sell/make them anymore. I know others have asked and have had a hard time finding them. I would call your Scout store and ask. Good luck! And I wish you the best at your court of honor!!!

      Delete
  7. I just wanted to say thank you so much for posting this blog and all the pictures including the program. All the information really helped me plan my own son's court of honor. He is 12 and has worked so hard but he's our only son and my husband never participated in scouting so we had no guidance on what to do. All the information here helped me so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. I really appreciate them. I can't believe that it has been 3 years already since this court of honor! I will be looking to do another one in about a years time... I'm glad I took pics too!!! It will definitely help me recreate another great night! :)

      Delete
  8. Thank you for sharing your ideas and pictures! Where did you find the "Be Prepared" banner for the podium? It is really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your ideas and pictures! I was wondering, where did you find the "Be Prepared" cover for the podium? It looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought it at the Scout Store. I don't know if they are still available for purchase or not....

      Delete

Property of Renee Clark