Monday, May 20, 2013

Eagle Court of Honor- Set Up

Entrance into the church where the court of honor was held.
Here are a few pictures of the set-up from my son's Boy Scout Eagle Court of Honor from a couple of weeks ago. I would like to thank again my special friend Emma who helped so incredibly much to make this night happen.
In the foyer of the church.

On a table as the guests entered.

A sign in book at the greeting table above.

The seating was designated for scouts, leaders, family, and then open to everyone else.

On the side of the cultural hall had two long tables set up.

One table had Cub Scout memories.


The blue sign I made by using the same technique that I posted before... you can find the tutorial here.

The other table had Boy Scout memorabilia.


Again the brown mini pallet was done using this tutorial.

This table also had my husband's eagle/scout memories on it. :)

The table in front ready for the presentation.

The podium in front.

The award table.

The awards to be handed out that night.

In the back had two small tables set up with posters my son had made. The first of the fundraiser he had done.

The second of the project. If you would like to see more pictures of the sensory room, go to this post here.

After the program, we had an ice cream bar. More pics of this to come...


Other Related Posts:

16 comments:

  1. wow-- this is incredible! Can you please post a picture of the frame that says write a note...?? And how did you do that?

    Any help is greatly appreciated. Oldest son is close to Eagle, and two right behind him. :D

    Thanks soooo much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I added another picture of the frame to this post. All I did was take a frame from my house and put burlap in it. Then I put vinyl on the glass with the saying. If you don't have access to vinyl, scrapbook stores sell paper that looks like burlap that you could probably just print on and frame.

      Good luck! And I know about having 2 more to go! This was for my oldest son and I have 2 next in line. :)

      Delete
  2. This is the most well done presentation I have seen! Amazing job on this. I am wondering where you found all the scouting photos you used and how you made the signs that were at the front of the room? Thank you so much for the inspiration! I have only one son so I only get one shot and I want it to me amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      All of the old scouting signs are ones that a friend had found in her mother's things. I do not know where they were from originally, but I am pretty sure they were purchased many years ago.
      The signs up in the front, however, I purchased at the scout store. They are great and mounted on think board. I recommend them.
      Hope yours is a success!

      Delete
    2. Sorry to bother again...I went to our local scout store and couldn't find anything like them other than oversized badges. Did you get them online?

      Delete
    3. I did buy them in a packet at the scout store. I think I asked because I didn't see anything out, and the lady there went to the back and got me one. I have looked online and I don't see them there. I am sorry. I don't know how to find them again. :(

      Delete
  3. hi, I have to do my program this week for my son's court of honor.
    I was wondering how you got the "badge" pictures (the little circle badges) in your program.
    I think that is a cute idea.
    thanks
    Cori Grimsman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cori- I just googled the badges. I think there was one particular site that had all of them except the centennial badges. Then I sized them super small on my master copy of the program. I then had them printed in B&W at the print shop. It was a little tedious, but I loved the end result! Hope that helps!

      Delete
  4. I just love all the details. Where did you get all the American flags?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Around here there are a lot of troops that put up American flags at houses on holidays. They do it for fundraising. I used those flags, so it was free! It really made a huge difference and they were most of the decor. The flags on the wall were some I had found on clearance years back as the fabric section of Walmart. They were $1 a piece. I love a good deal!!!

      Delete
    2. Oh, and the little flags were a from a friend of mine. I think she had ordered them from Oriental Trading. But they were free for me. In fact the cost of this court of honor was very low. I just borrowed from people I knew and worked with what they had. That also includes all of the table cloths. :)

      Delete
  5. where did you get the burlap notebook?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it at Michaels and then glued on the symbol that I also found at Michaels.

      Delete
  6. Do you have a pattern for the stencils on the wood pallets? I love both the Cub one and the Boy Scout one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have it designed on my Silhouette... I cut them in vinyl and then used that as a stencil. Do you have a Silhouette?

      Delete

Property of Renee Clark