Friday, May 24, 2013

Here's the Scoop!- Ice Cream Bar


Here are the pictures of the ice cream self serve bar for my son's Eagle Court of Honor. It was inside a church cultural hall, but I still think it turned out beautiful. I just try to imagine it outside, and I can see it being AMAZING!!! :)
I made this chalkboard and then used a trick to write on it. You can find how I made it here.


Originally I had wanted the big tubs of Thrifty ice cream to nest inside this crate, but they were too big. So we flipped the crate over and put them on top. I took these pictures before the evening started, so the ice cream isn't out yet.

The water station. (I know that darn ferris wheel keeps popping up all over the place... I just love it so!)



This banner was one of those projects that I woke up the morning of the program and decided I needed to make it. Luckily it was easy! I cut a stencil with vinyl and then dabbed black paint on. It was easy and made such a great addition to the table.

I found this burlap at Hobby Lobby. Can we say PERFECT! In case you are wondering why it is so perfect... the symbol printed on the burlap is the scout symbol. But it is also versatile enough that I can use it for other things too. Let's say it again... P-E-R-F-E-C-T!

These toppings were placed in borrowed jars.

I added the labels that I designed.

I got these bottles of sauces and took the labels off. They came off so easily with no residue. I then added my own labels.

Let's say cake-pops... 97 times that is!

Yep, that is a lot of cake pops... but that was the only request of my son.





Guests were able to choose their favorite way to eat ice cream.

I used my fruit stand from my kitchen to house the cones.

We also had waffle bowls for the sundaes.

Ahhh...I  just love to look at it! :)

Yummy...
And just because I have to say it...
I scream, 
you scream, 
we all scream 
for 
ICE CREAM!

IF YOU WOULD LIKE THE PRINTABLES FOR THIS ICE CREAM BAR...
click here:
PRINTABLES!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Renee! You have outdone yourself, missy. You have such a talent for this stuff! I LOVE IT! Congrats on Brandon earning his Eagle. Isn't he just 10 years old!?! Haha. That's how I remember him anyways.... miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi..how did you make your labels please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I designed them on my computer... I will try and put them up on this post if I can find them! :)

      Delete
  3. That would be awesome. My son's Eagle Scout CoH is thise Saturday..hoping that I could use them ..hint hint...at your convinience. Thank you. I love everything about your presentation. I will try to recreate it on Saturday. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look at this post here for the printables!
      http://theballoonred.blogspot.com/2014/04/ice-cream-bar-court-of-honor-printables.html

      Delete
  4. How do you recommend printing the ice cream bar printables?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Just "save as" the image on your computer. Then either print it yourself, or do as I did and send it to a copy shop for quality printing. Good luck!

      Delete

Property of Renee Clark