Sunday, June 30, 2013

June Craft Camp Series

CRAFT CAMP
This week I will be posting each day about the Craft Camp I had at my house last week. 
It was quite a learning experience!
But having said that, I would definitely do it again!
I loved the girls and I had a wonderful time working with them.

Here is what I started with... about 2 weeks ago I decided that I wanted to do a camp this summer. But when I looked at my schedule, I decided that the best week would be in a week and a half! AHHHH! I decided to put it out there to my friends and on Facebook. To my surprise, I was able to fill up a morning and afternoon class with 10 girls each!

Here was what I was looking for:
Girls Only
Ages 7-11
Cost: $75
Monday-Friday for 2 hours (2 sessions)

What I learned:
Now having done the camp, I would cut back to 4 days, but keep it at $75. It was a lot of work and I had to juggle family around it too. Also, I would split the ages a bit more. I would do a group from 7-9 years of age and 10-12. The girls are not only different in their abilities, but in there socialization. This is definitely a must the next time around!
*****UPDATE******
links to the camp craft days
DAY 1- PATRIOTIC THEME
DAY 2- OWL THEME
DAY 3- HEART THEME
DAY 4- FLIP FLOP THEME
DAY 5- FLOWER THEME
Still need more!!!
Check out the July Craft Camp days!
Each girl had a box to put their crafts in as they would complete them. That way we knew whose was whose. You can see at the bottom corner of the box has a number 2. These were the girls in session 2. The opposite side of the box had the girls' names in session 1. I would just flip them around depending on the session we were on to store the goods!
What was on the table each time the girls came in so they would have something to do while we waited for everyone to get there.

A little something I had the girls do the first day so that they had water bottles to use all week. We just stored them in the buckets.

Here are a few pics of the girls. To be honest I hardly got any pictures because I was so busy running around the full 2 hours (times 2!). The next 5 days I will post the crafts and some tips that I learned along the way!

So stayed tuned!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Property of Renee Clark