Friday, September 13, 2013

CRAFT DAY 2013- Christmas Crafts

My awesome friend, Emma, and I are putting together a craft day on October 3rd. We have been working the past couple of weeks looking for just the right crafts. (aka... we have spent A LOT of time on Pinterest and shopping around for deals :) Would you like a peak at what we are doing!?! Here are the Christams crafts! 
Enjoy!
If you would like to see the other holiday crafts, just click on the links below!


 This one is a Pottery Barn knock off. Here is the link to PB's version. I love it, but figured I could make it! If fact there are a lot of tutorials out their on how to make this. (Note: our version is a little smaller than PB's)
Details: made of mdf wood; h-19in, w-16in; letters spray painted
Project Time: 30 minutes (mostly just drying time)


 Seriously- love these! They are even cuter in person... no joke! Plus they are huge- take out your ruler and measure them!!!! We saw this idea here. We saw them, fell in love, and the rest is history! Yes folks, one craft... two holidays!
Details: made of wood; edges stained, mod podged paper, vinyl applied; tallest height is 7 1/2in, width 21in
Project Time: 30-45 minutes (Our longest project, but definitely worth every second!)

For a DIY on these blocks click on the link below!
DIY REVERSIBLE HOLIDAY BLOCKS


 The picture really doesn't do this manger justice. It is actually much more distressed looking than it appears. And you can gauge how much distressing you want as well. We got this idea here. What a simple way to remember the true meaning of Christmas. Also, it is so fitting coupled with the project below! This manger is also a lot larger than it looks...
Details: made of wood; distressed stained; w-19 1/2in, h-13in
Project Time: 20 minutes


This saying has been on my to-do list for quite sometime. Then I saw this version here and knew I found the most creative display of it!  I just wish I knew where it was from!!! Kudos to that person who designed it, because it is beautiful! This is my version...
Detail: wood back, mod podged paper, vinyl applied; 12in by 12in
Project Time: 10 minutes

17 comments:

  1. What font did you use on the thanks and jingle? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used KG Falling Slowly from DAFONT. Here is the link:
      http://www.dafont.com/kg-falling-slowly.font

      Delete
  2. How did you do the lettering for the thanks and jingle? I would love to make these, but am having a hard time with the letters. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used different color vinyl that I cut on my Silhouette Cameo. I put the link to the lettering I used in a comment above.

      Delete
  3. What do you mean by modge podged paper, vinyl applied? And what thickness or cut of wood did you use for the reversible give thanks/jingle bells tiles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We mod podged the paper onto the wood and then applied the vinyl once the paper was dry. We used 2x4's for the letters and I think it was a 2x3 for the "bells" and "give" block.

      Delete
  4. Can you share the dimensions of each block for Give Thanks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the 2x4's were 2- 7in, 2- 6in, 2- 5in tall and the 2x3 was 8in long

      Delete
  5. would you care to post detailed directions? I would really like do make these :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which craft were you looking at? I might be able to post some...

      Delete
  6. I was looking at the reversible blocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. any update on the detailed directions for the reversible blocks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the delay... Life has been crazy, but I finally got it up!
      http://theballoonred.blogspot.com/2014/11/diy-reversible-holiday-blocks.html

      Hope that helps!

      Delete
  9. Hi Renee,

    I know this is a response to an old post, but I was also wondering if I could get directions for the reversible blocks craft? I'd like to try it at a holiday crafting party I'll be hosting in December. Do you think it will be a craft that a group can do independently?

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just posted a DIY... I hope that helps you for your party! Good luck crafting!

      http://theballoonred.blogspot.com/2014/11/diy-reversible-holiday-blocks.html

      Delete

Property of Renee Clark