Saturday, September 28, 2013

DIY Carnival Signs

Thank you for all the positive response I have gotten with this Carnival Party! I appreciate it all!

Having said that, I have been getting so many requests for signs designed that I really don't have the time to keep up on them! I hope you understand!

So I want to give you the ability to make your own signs. If you read through the carnival posts, you will see all these pieces for making these there, but I thought I would get it all in one post so that it is easy to do.

First you will need the template:

Now you will just need the fonts, here there are!

They can all be downloaded for free on http://www.dafont.com/

BEANS
(for the top saying such as "step right up")

SHADOWED SERIF
(for the main part that tells the activity)

NYMPHETTE
(for the curly things at the top)

(for the gray background)
*you won't actually need to have this, but I thought you may like to know where I got it*
Choose your template and copy and paste it onto your computer.
Then download the fonts you will need. Add the writing or whatever you would like to your sign!

Hope that helps all you planning on putting a spectacular carnival party!

If you would like to see other posts on the carnival party, 
you can find them here:


19 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting these templates. I love your signs! I was able to download the blank template but I am having difficulty saving the font. Once you type of the message, I pressed the button to download it. When I try to open the wording document to cut and paste, it shows as script. Can you please advise of what I may be doing wrong? Thanks for your help!
    Alethea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you having trouble downloading the actual font? Or is it something else?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously THANK YOU so much for all these ideas and printable items. Really truly appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for these! How generous and thoughtful. I just have one question about font size. I am using Word:Mac 2008 and font size 72 is too big and 48 is pathetically small. :( What did you use to create these? Should I use another program to edit my signs? Thanks so very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a Mac, but on my computer I am able to type in any number on my font size to make it whatever I want. Is that something you can do? I used a program called Printmaster to design these, but I know most people do not have that program. I hope you are able to get this to work for you!

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for putting this helpful info out there... really appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking for carnival signs and invites for my daughter's carnival party and stumbled across your blog. Love it!! I was trying to use the blank carnival template, but must be doing something wrong. I copied and pasted it to a Word doc, but am unable to type anything into the body of the template. Help! What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure how to overlay font on top of a picture in Word... do you have another program? The other option is to print the template and then send it back through to put the lettering on top.

      Delete
    2. Right click on image you imported to word document Click Arrange>Send to Back, add Text Box> (Format>Layout> In Front Of Text> Pic stays in back text box stays in front

      Delete
  7. Can I just ask where you got the red and white background?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it for free here:
      http://freevintagedigistamps.blogspot.com/2012/01/free-digital-scrapbook-paper-red-white.html

      Delete
  8. Thank you so much Renee. I am organising a carnival party for my twin girls and have picked up a lot of great ideas plus the template for the games. Plus I will try the moustache cake pops, as they look like a lot of fun! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity! Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much! I am having a circus party for my son's first birthday and these will fit right in. I appreciate you sharing - it made my day easier.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't seem to save the template. Is anyone having this issue? When I click on the template it takes me to Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why you are having trouble with saving the template... When I click on it, it opens in it's own screen and then I would just "save as" to my computer... I don't know why yours is different... sorry!

      Delete
  12. Thank you! I especially appreciate your links to the fonts. It's so nice to have you choose them :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these signs! Any idea how to edit them or where I might be able to find them in pink/white instead of red??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't, I only designed them in the red... sorry!

      Delete

Property of Renee Clark