Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Hall Pass DIY

What do you get when you combine wood slats, scrapbook paper, wood figures, and a little time on your hands!?!

HALL PASSES OF COURSE!

I decided the teachers that my children have this year needed handmade hall passes... in their themes of course!
Here is what I came up with. 
They are super simple to make.

INSTRUCTIONS:
Take the pre-cut woodsies- 6 in a pack... perfect! (I got mine at Hobby Lobby). 
Pick out coordinating paper and mod podge on to front and back. 
Let dry then drill holes.
Use sand paper to rough up edges and smooth around drilled holes.
Mod podge again over the top (Important if you are having lots of little hands touching it!)
Cut vinyl and stick on.
Hot glue the cute painted accents. (I found the apple at Michael's and the other 2 at Hobby Lobby.)
Tie jute string through the holes.
Wrap them up and watch the smiling faces of an unexpected surprise!


Here you can see the accented paper backs of each of the passes.







Which one is your favorite? I have to say it was close, but the apple won out for me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Property of Renee Clark