Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Day 2- Craft Camp 2014


You can see my other craft camp days here:

Also here are the links to last years camps:


Day 2- Older Girls

Sewing Day


T-SHIRT BAGS
This is such an easy beginner sewing project. I needed to have something that everyone would be successful in no matter their sewing ability. It is kind of a lost art, and even though I am not great at it, I wanted to instill in these girls how fun it can be to create through sewing!

I had a bunch of t-shirts that the girls could choose from. Basically you cut off the sleeves and a deep scoop around the neck. Then using a zig-zag stitch, you sew up the bottom. Wah-la! It's done. I also had the girls each choose a symbol they could iron on to the bag. I cut them with iron on vinyl and we embellished the bags with them. Here are a few examples...







 Day 2- Younger Girls

Washi Tape


JOURNALS AND THINGS...
How fun is washi tape!?! The girls this day got to finish their pillowcases from day 1 and then we decorated journals with washi tape, stickers, and jewels. They also made matching pencils, bookmarks, and erasers.







 ICE CREAM CONE RICE KRISPIES
These cute little things I found on Pinterest here. All you do is make some rice krispies and while they are still warm and mold-able, you scoop and shape them into a mini cone. Then you melt some chocolate and pour on top. Add sprinkles and M&M's. All done! Cuteness!!! :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Property of Renee Clark