Friday, July 3, 2015

Day 4 Craft Camp: June 2015


Day 4 was my favorite project day...
It was a sewing day!!!
I really feel that sewing is becoming a lost art... so I like to have at least one sewing project each year with these girls.  This was the day!


 Here is what we did!


 The greeting card they worked on today!


 This is the fun little treat that we made.  I posted this before when I made them for my carnival themed party.
You can find that post here.
Anyway, I was planning on the mustaches being black, but we had a little mishap with the black chocolate... ;)  So we improvised and made them white.


 I think they look very Christmas-y... a sort of Santa stache... I may be using these again in December!


 The sewing project was making this drawstring bag.  I wanted a simple but rewarding project for the girls.  Many of them had never even sat down at a sewing machine before.  


 I cut, ironed, and prepped the bags so that there was little room for error.  The last thing I wanted was for a girl to have a bad experience and then never want to touch a machine again... I'm glad to report that all the bags turned out beautifully!


 After they sewed the bag then they used iron on vinyl to put the words "Let's Play" on the bag.  They also had to feed the cording through the loop so the bag closes.


While they were waiting their turn to have me help them sew, they were working on a matching game to go inside the bag.  They used 20 cork circles and stamped on 10 different designs onto one side of them.  Then when the bag was finished they could have a place to keep the game!


 So have you been wondering what in the world we were going to do with all those cards!?!?  Worry no more... They each made a card kit!


 They had the supplies to stamp a bag and stuff it with their homemade cards and matching envelopes.


 They could use any of the stamps to be as creative as they wanted!



THIS WAS THE LAST DAY OF CRAFT CAMP!
I HAD SUCH A WONDERFUL TIME TEACHING THESE GIRLS!!!

THIS IS DEFINITELY SOMETHING I DO MORE FOR ME THEN FOR THEM...

I H-E-A-R-T CRAFTING!!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Property of Renee Clark